Binding, Rebuking, and Commanding Evil Spirits

Jesus Christ

This may sound outlandish or even like you might not have any authority to say these words.  But these simple words are extremely powerful.

For example how many times have you received communion and never felt like anything happened.  If we truly knew what we are receiving than how much greater would we prepare for Mass and how much more would that Mass effect our life.  In the same sense just because these words might not elicit a big theatrical scene, they still wage war against the Devil.
All Christians have the authority to bind evil spirits in Christ’s name (Mk, 16:17).  Binding an evil spirit is using the Authority of Jesus Christ and His power to make the evil spirit stop what ever it is doing and not to make any further progress.  It is silencing the spirit.  Rebuking is taking authority over the evil spirit and stopping it, too.

This prayer could be said everyday.

Evil spirit, I bind you in the Name of Jesus Christ, and command you to go to the foot of the cross.

These prayers can be said silently, in a soft voice, or out loud.  Many times it is good to begin silently if you suspect something so as not to startle the person.  They should be said when you walk into new areas, your homes, places of business, silently over everyone you meet in all situations.

This “Spiritual Warfare Prayer” could be said everyday protecting yourself, or said over someone.

Vatican

Lord Jesus, I ask you today to cover Me and my family, the whole world, especially our military and our priest, with your precious blood and protection.  Uncover any hidden plot of the enemy before it has a chance to take root or effect or do any harm.  Alert us to any hidden plots against us and provide in advance a peaceful solution to any damage the enemy tries to do.  Bind and make mute any evil spirits that try to manifest or attach themselves to us in any way.  We ask you to please hide from the enemy the personal plans and ministries you have for us, so he has no access or knowledge of them. Let no weapon formed against us be able to prosper.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke any curses, hexes or spells sent against us.  I bind all interplay, interaction and communication of evil spirits, and I claim the protection of the shed blood of Jesus Christ on_________.  I ask you , Lord, to please send St. Michael, the Archangel, to drive out all the evil spirits who roam the earth and give St. Michael the authority to send all evil spirits straight to the recesses of hell, where they will remain forever.

Lord Jesus, I also ask you to please let the waters of our baptism flow back through our bloodlines to cleanse us of any evil or unwanted tendencies or traits that we may have inherited from our ancestors.   And lastly, Lord, I ask you to please bless my enemies by sending your Holy Spirit to lead them to repentance and conversion.

We thank you, Lord, and we praise you.  Lord, for your boundless mercy and protection. Amen.

About Maximilian “Catholic Tools” Kolbe

Creative strategies to evangelize, catechize, and develop Catholic Youth and Young Adult Ministry by integrating marketing, technology, and management practices. Fan of St. Maximilian Kolbe and Franciscan University.

Follow on Twitter and Feedburner

Comments

1. send an mejl

• How can I get in touch with a priest . Telephone or on line.

• Philly Burbs says:

Since March 2014 I have been scratched or harassed by a demon/spirit in my home on a daily basis. Paranormal experts, spiritualist & clergy have come to my home to help me.They come to help, the demon leaves, they go & it (they) comes back. I know there is more then one. I also have had the ‘ it’s presences ‘ confirmed through a a professional paranormal group’s equipment when they they were here.To prove I am not crazy. I went to bed in sweats & woke up in a dirty pair of jeans..I was really scared. It knows who are easy targets. Those with have no place to go. I was told to tell it to go to the ‘white light’ This thing had no intention of going towards any color light in any direction. It has been a living – waking – nightmare. I have no peace. I would think today is going to be find – then the knock – to tell me of it’s arrival. If I ignore it, it knocks some more. I have done a lot of research in the past 3 months. There are a lot of people out there getting scratched & having things go on in their homes. Maybe more than before or maybe now with the internet it’s talked about more. Do a simple search on Google & You Tube, it is happening all over the world. Spiritual warfare was never taught in the 12 years that I attended catholic school. Nor do I ever remember it being brought up during a Mass in over 50 years. Why Not? I could have at least been somewhat prepared, Why are bible thumping protestant laymen & ministers ready to go to a strangers home & help them get rid these awful things when catholic priest run from the issue? Catholic’s invented exorcisms. Not them. And why are there exorcism prayers available on line that only a priest can say but other than a simple house blessing, it appears, unless I had connections, no priest will be coming to my home to help me? Why can’t I say those prayers, if they work… we are all children of God, right? The reason for my e-mail is I wanted to share a prayer(s) I found a few days ago, & it appears to be working. When someone is getting attacked/ harassed one needs to focus at the issue at hand so maybe it’s a good idea to pray for the military, the priest & the whole world another time, it’s too easy to lose focus & that’s exactly what this thing wants, the person praying to be all over the place & lose focus. .Not until a few days ago did I realized when praying that no one was ‘binding or casting out or destroying ‘ these things are not human, they need to be stopped, although an enemy may have sent one … I would just tell it to leave, go to the white light. Well …what if it doesn’t want to go to the white light? no one was telling it where to go back to hell or under the feet of Christ…just God loves & forgives all, go to the white light. Since March I have said The Lords Pray, Prayer to Michael the Archangel to fight ..& defend me in battle & I prayed the psalms 90, 91, 40 & 101 sometimes several times a day. It would leave me alone but always came back, Since I recited the above plus this warfare prayer… the ‘knocks’ have subsided. I have been waiting all day, nothing …I know I have to be careful. I will just leave the links… this letter is long enough. Blessings & thanks for listening, 4 months ago I didn’t believe in any of this stuff. I didn’t believe in spirits or demons. I’m a good person, I never went out of my way to hurt or cheat or do anything to anyone. Who knew such things roam the earth? : I didn’t I really didn’t. take care..maybe meld the 2 together…https://www.facebook.com/notes/apostle-grace-amazing-grace-ministries/keys-to-binding-and-casting-out-demonic-forces/191905884296792

• Philly Burbs says:

I should have edited my letter a lot before posting, you don’t have an edit button..oh well… I hope I don’t come across the wrong way.

• Deborah says:

I agree, these things are never taught to us as Catholics. The first time I heard about “Spiritual warfare” was at a Methodist church in a Christian Counseling skills course, I attended. Then when I started to research and ask questions in my own faith, I found quite a number of Catholic priests who are healers and exorcists and found that this was not as quite under the table as I had believed. I have also been “visited” and kept prisoner in my bed by some strong force. I was awake when it happened and I actually saw the spirit come up from my floor and then it climbed on top of me. I could not move and I could not speak. I also, before this happened, had the “knocking” (I referred to it more like a tapping, etc… ) as soon as I was held prisoner in my bed I called a priest who is a healer (a Catholic priest) and he told me that I had been attacked by Lucifer himself. I was given these tools to “free myself from these demons”: Say Psalm 91 before going to bed, sprinkle Holy Water (or exorcised water if you can get it – I was given some) around your bed. Try and get some exorcised salt as well and sprinkle it in your doorways and in the four corners of your house) Wear a Rosary (which you pray) around your neck (keep it on your person at all times as the Evil One is VERY afraid of Mary) as well as a Carmelite Scapular (the brown one). I NEVER take these off. They are on my person at all times – this is for protection. I put on the Armour of God (Ephesians Chapter 6, vs 10-19) every morning and every night along with St Patrick’s breastplate prayer. I also pray the St Michael prayer every morning and night. Ask Padre Pio to help you. And above all have a Mass said in your home. I also had to learn that through my own sin I opened this door and I had to repent of my sins. I have been walking this road for more than a year now but I have not been visited by demons again after I did these things (what I said above). I went to a lot of healing masses and a lot of confessions. I am not saying that you have brought this on through sin – I am merely saying that is how I brought this on to myself and perhaps that may help you. In any event, whatever the reason you are being “tormented” the tools I have given above do help. Also remember that the “Our Father” is a powerful prayer to say out loud and so is the Apostles Creed (hold a crucifix in your hand while saying these). If you persevere long enough they will leave you alone – that is what I was told.

Good luck – I will try and help where I can as I have been through this!

Deborah

• the reason why it never was taught in catholic school, and in churches, is because communicating with spirits can be dangerous to the soul. The Body and Blood of our Lord in the Eucharist, daily prayer, confession, and frequenting of the sacraments are sufficient to keep a person immune to demonic attacks. I have been attacked recently in my dream because I saw a man who posted that he was being haunted by his dead girlfriend so i intervened through prayer. On the next day my dream was full of assaulting. But when I wake up everything is okay, and I am fully aware that the demon can not touch me when I am awake; not yet. I cannot do this alone, for I need the Body and Blood of God in the Eucharist. I have been visited by St. Padre Pio in my dream to tell me that he will take care of it.

We do not have to know, especially if we have faith, and a strong relationship with God, that other religions do not recognize. It is the Holy Eucharist, the pure, eternal sacrifice of God’s Mercy for the reparation of sins. :)

Please always pray to St. Michael the Archangel and to St. Padre Pio, and devote yourselves to the Divine Mercy. These are safety precautions. Then frequent yourselves in confession and the Eucharist. These are holy interventions.

Rafael

2. Spiritual Warfare Prayer for someone else.
    Seemed to work instantly.
    after praying for this individual a few days.
    the same week he sought help for his drug addiction. I know prayer works , but this is wonderful! Thanks Be to GOD!

3. Praise God! This page is confirmation from a Catholic source of spiritual warfare principles shared with me by a non-Catholic source. Bless the Lord!

4. I thank God for this prayer!

5. Cynthia says:

This is good but how do I remove dream spirits and there voices when I am awake. No joke. This is real. I have one Ordain Minister that believes me. These spirits talk though me to him. I speak in a country voice and not so proud. The spirit talks in a proud voice. He writes the Minister letters though me. You can write him at this Address. Minister, Don Woolery – P.O. Box 3007 Shawnee O.K. – 74802-3007. Mind You he is 73 years old. Make sure you give him your up most respect. Cynthia Morris- P.O. Box 65 Clay City Ky. 41339

6. Cynthia, try this. Do this before you go to bed every night. I bind the strongman and spoil his goods and works over my life and I command you to cast yourself into the Abyss. I bind every spirit of darkness assianged to my life and command you to be cast into the Abyss. By the authority given to me by Jesus Christ, you have no authority to make progress in my life. I plead the blood of Jesus over my life that no harm shall come to me. In jesus name, Amen. Say it knowing you have all the power, stand proud and say it loud if needed. They have to take your word and do what you command them to do. Say this prayer for any needs in your life, just fill in the specific need and dont foget to give God the glory for it. Hope this will help you and anyone else. I’m using this prayer on friends and family and it is working. God is so wonderful to give us the tools to fight back when we are being attacked. Go for it.

• Lisa,

Thank You for taking the time to reply to Cynthia. Great response.

God Bless

• Lisa that is a good prayer you might want to add (this is what Padre Pio said to do everyday) ” In Jesus’ name I send the spirit____________to the foot of the cross for You Jesus to deal with” In the blank space say the spirit of anger, unforgiveness, lust etc what ever spirit is holding you back.

• Lisa, THANK YOU for that prayer as well. I will be sure to use it.
      In Jesus name.

7. this is absolutely brilliant , Thank you Jesus <3

8. In the Name of Jesus Christ…

9. i felt that the devil was using my husband against me one night and i said out loud, these words….he stopped immediately but him and his family now think that i am evil and that it was not good or nice at all.
    my 10yr old son wants to know why i said that to his dad…..
    came on line to try and find an answer for him.

• the devil has done the same thing to my husband. and his family. im sorry for you. im sure no one believes you. they don’t beileieve me either. i will pray for you

10. Like Katy…
    I’m sure no believes you either but I do.
    I lived it & I know.
    I went through the same thing with my husband & his family.
    I will pray for you as well. Prayer changes things.

11. I think I need this prayer for protection in the workplace. There is one dishonest coworker trying to work against me because she wants my job position. It may have gotten as bad to the point where she has influenced the boss and higher bosses to favor her and view me in a negative way. I have done nothing wrong to her or any other worker and I have been minding my own business doing my job as the company expects. Basically, the evil one is using her to get my spirits down or trying to bring me down. Lately I am worrying more about all this and I am no longer happy or peaceful due to this . I could look for another job because all this is draining me. I dread going to work because of all this. However I wouldn’t quit unless I found another job.I now feel strongly that I should pray protection prayers like this everyday.

• teiyanjaber@yahoo.com says:

Hey cath your story is a duplicate of mine, my coleque did the same to me but i prayed to God to give me persavierance and i went to work in one of our branches for 2 months and she decided to take 4nmonths holiday now am back in the same place she is not there but i feel the presence of God in me.
      Keep on praying expecially Novena prayer to st.Jude it keeps me going.

• Thank you Teiyanjaber for your encouragement. Some things have gotten better at work and my story is more similar to yours now that I have heard that this coworker is looking for another job and possibly leaving. I Will keep praying for my job and my coworkers and that only God’s will be done.

12. Hie lisa

I was just going through deliverance pages to see if i can get any help.
    I am catholic and am really weighed down by a delicate situation which needs a solution yesterday.I dont want to do anything outside the catholic norms.
    Here goes.My wife and i been married for 20years.This time Last year she left home and was away for 7 months.while she was away I went thru a very tough time from bad scary dreams to misfortune of knocking down a school girl. A lot of things happened and eventually when she came back, she told me what was happening.Her Family lives on the darkside of life and she was sacrificed to a husband in spirit.Ofcourse I forgave her and we were a hapy family again.Now again same time as Last year she left home for work but did not return only to phon eour daughter that she is not coing back.I have not followed her and she has not beeb in touch I suppose wont for the next 6 or so months.
    I am going through the same things i went through last year.she comes in my dreams with a baby and I am in bed with women in my dreams.
    I am now in a spiritual crisis and breakingdown emotionally.Some have suggested deliverance from Pentecostal ministers but i have never done anything outside the catholic tradition for whatever reasons.
    Can somebody Help?

13. Lisa Please send me email.My address is tyrebuz@gmail.com.
    Need spiritual help but would rather discuss it privately rather than on the web as it may get into wrong eyes. I am at the edge Thanks

14. Fr. Daniel says:

Dino, find out if there is an exorcist in your diocese. It doesn’t sound as though you need an exorcism, but the exorcist should have better insight into your situation and be able to help you.
    You should also receive the sacraments regularly. Never miss Sunday Mass. Your soul needs it. Go to confession regularly. If you ever have a serious fall (mortal sin) don’t put off going to confession.
    In a certain sense, it doesn’t matter how much garbage the devil throws at any of us as long as we are living in God’s grace.
    Also, offer the suffering this causes you for the conversion of your wife. You are in her life for a reason.

15. How do I know if a person I love is possessed or needs another kind of help ?

16. Deborah says:

Put on the Armour of God everyday for protection. Ephesians 6:10-18.

17. My name is Lisa and I am going through deleverance by myself and through the Word of God to be delivered from a demon who has tried to manifest in my entire body. He has tried to take my life from me and I need prayer. I am doing my own deliverance prayers and praises to God helps and also repentence. I find that other people praying for me works better and I am willing to pray for others as well. Thankyou

18. I came across this version of the prayer:

In the Name of Jesus I bind any spirit here that is not of the Holy Spirit
    and send you to the foot of the Cross to be Judged by Our Lord.

Precious Blood, wash over me, Precious Blood, wash over me. Protect me from the wickedness and snares of the devil.

19. God bless all of you for believing

20. Thank you for this prayer. Please pray with me, a reinforcing prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, bind it forever to the abyss from me and my love. Priscilla

• We will keep you in the Lord’s heart Priscilla.

• Thank you for this. Praise God! I don’t know what more to say – God knows everything. Reinforcing deliverance prayers; his beautiful grace and power bind it forever to the abyss, away. I pray the prayer for me and in his home today. I consider going
        to the Vatican, to pray for complete deliverance, find a special priest. I drove through Steubenville today & wondered if I should go in. Priscilla

21. e olivencia says:

I need help as someone is trying to hurt me and my kids..my email is eoli1428@gmail.com..i have to speak to someone who has gone thru this and need to rebuke evil spirits for my kids health…THANK YOU.

22. My brother has invoked a demon and now is scared to try to be delivered from it because it tells him it will kill him if he tries to turn away. I felt the demon’s presence. Our family and pastor is trying to witness and pray for him. How do I protect myself, home, and family from being vulnerable to this demon, especially when my brother comes to my house (I refuse to turn him away because he seems to be trying to repent, he is just scared).

23. Bernadette says:

, thank you very for your advice of how to cast the evil spirit , I think it can help me.Remember me in prayer.

24. Jacqueline Hicks says:

I just recently got a job in a psych faculty. I am a cna. I asked God for talo job so I could be able to exspose the devil and his work and allow God to use me to bing alot of souls back to Him. Please keep me in your prayers as I pray and fast. And try these prayers. Thank you so helpful.

25. I am going thru oppression and was verified by a delegate of our diocese exorcist. It has been a blessing to know one I am not crazy and two something can be done. I know the oppression won’t go away over night but Gods grace is now involved. Is it normal to have headaches or pressure and choking or gagging as part of oppression? Does anyone have any thoughts.

26. john d moretz says:

please pray this for the moretz family thank you 5/24/14

27. Amen god bless!!!

28. Neil Lozano has a deliverance ministry in Philly, he wrote “Unbound” & “Resisting the devil” he has a web page and you can call him and someone will get back to you. He runs seminars all over the world, called Freedom in Christ. Most people need this to be free, this is caused by our sins.

29. This is very wrong and we should avoid confrontation with evil spirits. You will open yourselves to evil and harm if you as a lay person without any training confront evil spirits directly. It is better to pray, live a good Sacramental life, receive the Holy Eucharist worthily, go to Confession regularly, read the lives of the Saints and the Holy Gospel and live a simple virtuous life. Do not engage in deliverance yourselves. It is too dangerous and you know not what you may do not only to yourself but you may indirectly cause harm to a member of your family if a spirit exposes itself. We should look at the lives of the Saints and see where they put their trust in God, prayed much and used the Sacramentals. Leave deliverance to the experts and exorcism only to Catholic Priests. God bless you all and stay safe in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

30. Cath I had that problem once besides praying I also took Holy Water with some blessed salt in the water and sprayed everyone’s seat and prayed over the seats. I went in early when no one was there. It does help. You can also make the sign of the cross with the holy water on the entrance door to the place you work and ask Jesus to not let any evil enter that door.

Trackbacks

1. […] bind unto myself today“.  This change may seem insignificant, but “binding” is a powerful concept in spiritual warfare, so I’m intrigued. Either way, invoking God’s power against the […]

2. […] When you command in the name of Jesus Christ you are telling the spirit to be disposed of by Jesus.  One is not doing any of this with their own power, but the power of Jesus Christ. More of the article here  […]